- Meyer D.E.
- Vincent L.E.
- Fox E.E.
- OʼKeeffe T.
- Inaba K.
- Bulger E.
- et al.
Abbreviations:RBC (Red Blood Cells), MT (Massive Transfusion), MB-FFP (Methylene blue-treated fresh frozen plasma), F. VIII (Factor VIII), FFP (Fresh Frozen Plasma), TP (Thawed Plasma), EDQM (European Directorate for Quality of Medicines and Healthcare), CI (Confidence Interval)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Every minute counts: time to delivery of initial massive transfusion cooler and its impact on mortality.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2017; 83: 19-24https://doi.org/10.1097/TA.0000000000001531
- Guide to the Preparation, Use And Quality Assurance of Blood Components. 20th ed. Council of Europe Publishing, Strasbourgh2020
- Liquid plasma: a solution to optimizing early and balanced plasma resuscitation in massive transfusion.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2020; 89: 488-495https://doi.org/10.1097/TA.0000000000002822
- Serial measurement of clotting factors in thawed plasma stored for 5 days.Transfusion. 2001; 41: 570https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1537-2995.2001.41040570.x
- Evaluation and comparison of coagulation factor activity in fresh-frozen plasma and 24-hour plasma at thaw and after 120 h of 1 to 6°C storage.Transfusion. 2009; 49: 1584-1591https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1537-2995.2009.02198.x
- Five-day stability of thawed plasma: solvent/detergent-treated plasma comparable with fresh-frozen plasma and plasma frozen within 24 h.Transfusion. 2016; 56: 404-409https://doi.org/10.1111/trf.13356
- The effect of methylene blue phototreatment on plasma proteins and in vitro coagulation capability of single-donor fresh-frozen plasma.Transfusion. 1994; 34: 685-689https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1537-2995.1994.34894353464.x
- Influence of methylene blue photoinactivation treatment on coagulation factors from fresh frozen plasma, cryoprecipitates and cryosupernatants.Vox Sang. 2000; 79: 156-160https://doi.org/10.1159/000031234
- Storage of thawed plasma for a liquid plasma bank: impact of temperature and methylene blue pathogen inactivation.Transfusion. 2012; 52: 529-536https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1537-2995.2011.03317.x
- Quantitative analysis of plasma proteins in whole blood-derived fresh frozen plasma prepared with three pathogen reduction technologies.Transfus Apher Sci. 2015; 52: 305-310https://doi.org/10.1016/j.transci.2015.01.008
- Pathogen reduction of blood components during outbreaks of infectious diseases in the European Union: an expert opinion from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control consultation meeting.Blood Transfus. 2019; 17: 433-448https://doi.org/10.2450/2019.0288-19
- The status of pathogen-reduced plasma.Transfus Apher Sci. 2010; 43: 393-399https://doi.org/10.1016/j.transci.2010.09.006
- Quality of thawed plasma inactivated with methylene blue after 48-hour storage.Transfus Apher Sci. 2015; 52: 141-142https://doi.org/10.1016/j.transci.2014.11.005
- AABB Standards For Blood Banks And Transfusion Services. 32nd ed. American Association of Blood Banks, Bethesda2020
- Quantitative influence of ABO blood groups on factor VIII and its ratio to von willebrand factor, novel observations from an ARIC study of 11,673 subjects.PLoS One. 2015; 10e0132626https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0132626
- ABO blood group determines plasma von Willebrand factor levels: a biologic function after all?.Transfusion. 2006; 46: 1836-1844https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1537-2995.2006.00975.x
- Virus inactivation in blood components by photoactive phenothiazine dyes.Transfus Med Rev. 2002; 16: 61-66https://doi.org/10.1053/tmrv.2002.29405
- Approaches to minimize infection risk in blood banking and transfusion practice.Infect Disord Drug Targets. 2011; 11: 45-56https://doi.org/10.2174/187152611794407746
- Thawed and liquid plasma--what do we know?.Vox Sang. 2015; 109: 1-10https://doi.org/10.1111/vox.12251