Methods and materials
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The ethics of paid plasma donation: a plea for patient centeredness.HEC forum. Springer, 2015: 417-429
- Payment, compensation and replacement–the ethics and motivation of blood and plasma donation.Vox Sang. 2010; 99: 202-211
- Remunerating donors to ensure a safe and available blood supply.Transfusion. 2020; 60: S134-S137
- Anti-Rh alloimmunization after trauma resuscitation.Transfus Apher Sci. 2019; 58102652
Spinella P.C., Gurney J., Yazer M.H. Low titer group O whole blood for prehospital hemorrhagic shock: it is an offer we cannot refuse. Wiley Online Library; 2019.
- Paid-versus-volunteer blood donation in the United States: a historical review.Transfus Med Rev. 1995; 9: 53-59
- Give the trauma patient what they bleed, when and where they need it: establishing a comprehensive regional system of resuscitation based on patient need utilizing cold‐stored, low‐titer O+ whole blood.Transfusion. 2019; 59: 1429-1438
- Continued decline in blood collection and transfusion in the U nited S tates–2015.Transfusion. 2017; 57: 1588-1598
- Supplemental findings from the national blood collection and utilization surveys, 2013 and 2015.Transfusion. 2017; 57: 1599
- Crisis in the sustainability of the US blood system.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 1485-1488
Shaz B.H., Hillyer C.D. Transfusion medicine and hemostasis: clinical and laboratory aspects. Newnes; 2013.
W.H.O. Blood safety and availability [Internet]. 2019. Available from: 〈https://www.who.int/en/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/blood-safety-and-availability〉.
WHO Utilization and supply of human blood and blood products [internet]. 1975. Available from: http://www.who.int/bloodsafety/en/WHA28.72.pdf.
- Expert Consensus Statement on achieving self‐sufficiency in safe blood and blood products, based on voluntary non‐remunerated blood donation (VNRBD).Vox Sang. 2012; 103: 337-342
- Keys to move to self‐sufficiency in safe blood components based on voluntary blood donation.ISBT Sci Ser. 2017; 12: 202-206
- Plasma fractionation, a useful means to improve national transfusion system and blood safety: Iran experience.Haemophilia. 2009; 15: 487-493
- Recruiting and retaining plasmapheresis donors: a critical belief analysis.Transfus Apher Sci. 2015; 52: 350-357
ABOU ALGHASEMI H, MAGHSOUD LOUM, AMINI KS, Cheraghali A. Introduction to Iranian blood transfusion organization and blood safety in Iran. 2009;
- Bringing new plasma donors back: testing the efficacy of telephone and e‐mail communications with first‐time donors.Transfusion. 2020; 60: 1463-1469
- Perceived deterrents to being a plasmapheresis donor in a voluntary, nonremunerated environment.Transfusion. 2013; 53: 1108-1119
Thijsen A., Davison T.E., Speedy J., Hoad V., Masser B. Offering new and returned donors the option to give plasma: implications for donor retention and donor adverse events. Vox Sang. 2020;
- Iranian blood donors’ motivations and their influencing factors.Transfus Med. 2011; 21: 247-252
- Effective ways to retain first‐time blood donors: a field‐trial study.Transfusion. 2019; 59: 2893-2898
- Motivations to donate blood: demographic comparisons.Transfusion. 2002; 42: 216-225
Kasraian L., Ashkani-Esfahani S., Foruozandeh H. Reasons of under-representation of Iranian women in blood donation. Hematol Transfus Cell Ther. 2020;