- •Results showed that WhatsApp is most commonly used social media platform for communication across three generations of blood donors.
- •Generation Z and Millennials considered live interactive sessions, short videos/ films as more effective way of engaging and motivating blood donors compared to Generation X.
- •Tailored motivational content is essential to target blood donors across age generations to achieve effective blood donor motivation.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Repeat voluntary non-remunerated blood donor is the best quality indicator for blood safety.Indian J Med Res. 2015; 141: 749
- Voluntary blood donation in India: achievements, expectations and challenges.Asian J Transfus Sci. 2015; 9: S1
- Blood supply management during the Covid-19 pandemic: experience in a tertiary referral hospital in Malaysia.Transfus Apher Sci. 2021; 60: 1
- Why don’t young people volunteer to give blood? An investigation of the correlates of donation intentions among young nondonors.Transfusion. 2005; 45: 945-955
- Perceptions of techniques used to personalize messages across media in real time.Cyber, Behav, Soc Netw. 2020; 23: 329-337
- Mannheim’s sociology of generations: an undervalued legacy.Br J Sociol. 1994; : 481-495
Wikipedia contributors. (2021, October 8). Generation. In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 09:08, October 13, 2021, from https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Generation&oldid=1048811316[.
Henger B., Henger J. The silent generation: 1925–1945: Author House; 2012.
- Bridging the communication gap between Generation Y and the Baby Boomer generation.Int J Adolesc Youth. 2017; 22: 497-507
- From diversity to intergenerativity: addressing the mystery and opportunities of generation X.Generations. 2017; 41: 6-11
- The new face of philanthropy: the role of intrinsic motivation in millennials’ attitudes and intent to donate to charitable organizations.J Nonprofit Public Sect Mark. 2017; 29: 415-433
- Evaluating the potential role of social media in preventive health care.Jama. 2020; 323: 411-412
- The role of social media for blood donor motivation and recruitment.Transfusion. 2018; 58: 2257-2259
Gravett L. Bridging the generation gap: Red Wheel/Weiser; 2007.
- Social media usage by different generations as a tool for sustainable tourism marketing in society 5.0 idea.Sustainability. 2021; 13: 1018
- Effectiveness of WhatsApp for blood donor mobilization campaigns during COVID‐19 pandemic.ISBT Sci Ser. 2020; 15: 378-380
- WhatsApp: a new tool for recruitment and retention of voluntary blood donors.Int J Adv Med Health Res. 2015; 2: 72
- Understanding Facebook use and the psychological affects of use across generations.Comput Hum Behav. 2015; 49: 507-511
Consumer Culture Report 2020, 5W Public Relations, New York, USA. Available at: https://www.5wpr.com/new/research/consumer-culture-report/.
- Understanding ‘what is privacy’for millennials on Facebook in India.J Data Prot Priv. 2019; 2: 224-233
C R. Beyond Generation X. Menlo Park, CA: Crisp Publicayions; 1997.
- Who is going to Lead Us? None Other than the Forgotten Generation; Generation-X.Strateg Leadersh Rev. 2012; 2: 98
- Like me: Generation Z and the use of social media for personal branding.Manag Dyn Knowl Econ. 2019; 7: 257-268
- Factors influencing message dissemination through social media.Phys Rev E. 2018; 97062306