Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- WHO/CDC. Report of a joint World Health Organization / Centers for Disease Control and Prevention technical consultation on the assessment of iron status at the population level. (2014–06-06)[2022–01-17]. http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/75368/1/9789241596107_eng.pdf.
- Study of iron stores in regular plateletpheresis donors.Transfus Med. 2010; 20: 22-29
- Impairment of short-term memory associated with low iron stores in a volunteer multidose plateletpheresis donor.Transfus Med. 2008; 18: 312-314
- Serum ferritin in plateletpheresis and whole blood donors.Transfus Apher Sci: J World Apher Assoc: J Eur Soc Haemapheresis. 2016; 55: 159-163
- Effect of plateletpheresis on hematocrit, hemoglobin and erythrocyte count: meta-analysis 1980-2018.Sci Rep. 2019; 9: 19770
- Blood-contacting biomaterials: in vitro evaluation of the hemocompatibility.Front Bioeng Biotechnol. 2018; 6: 99
- Putting donor health first in strategies to mitigate donor iron deficiency.Transfusion. 2017; 57: 495-498
- Non-anaemic iron deficiency – a disease looking for recognition of diagnosis: a systematic review.Eur J Haematol. 2015; 96: 618-628
- Tip of the iceberg: extra-haematological consequences of early iron deficiency.J Glob Health. 2015; 5020304
- Iron treatment normalizes cognitive functioning in young women.Am J Clin Nutr. 2007; 85: 778-787
- The quantitative assessment of body iron.Blood. 2003; 101: 3359-3364
- Restless legs syndrome, pica, and iron status in blood donors.Transfusion. 2013; 53: 1645-1652
- Ascertainment of iron deficiency and depletion in blood donors through screening questions for pica and restless legs syndrome.Transfusion. 2013; 53: 1637-1644
- Depleted iron stores without anaemia early in pregnancy carries increased risk of lower birthweight even when supplemented daily with moderate iron.Hum Reprod. 2012; 27: 1260-1266
- The effects of oral iron supplementation on cognition in older children and adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Nutr J. 2010; 9: 4
- The influence of iron deficiency on the functioning of skeletal muscles: Experimental evidence and clinical implications.Eur J Heart Fail. 2016; 18: 762-773
- Randomised study of cognitive effects of iron supplementation in non-anaemic iron-deficient adolescent girls.Lancet. 1996; 348: 992-996
- Iron status and risk-profiling for deficiency in New Zealand blood donors.N Z Med J. 2008; 121: 50-60
- FinDonor 10,000 study: a cohort to identify iron depletion and factors affecting it in Finnish blood donors.Vox Sang. 2020; 115: 36-46
- Iron store of repeat plasma and platelet apheresis donors.Clin Lab. 2021; 67: 387-395
- Androgens stimulate erythropoiesis through the DNA-binding activity of the androgen receptor in non-hematopoietic cells.Eur J Haematol. 2020; 1053: 247-254
- Erythropoietin can promote erythroid progenitor survival by repressing apoptosis through Bcl-XL and Bcl-2.Blood. 1996; 885: 1576-1582
Dugdale Alan E. Predicting iron and folate deficiency anaemias from standard blood testing: the mechanism and implications for clinical medicine and public health in developing countries. Theoretical biology & medical modelling, 2006,3:34.
- The impact of blood donation on blood counts and ferritin levels: A multi-center study from the Eastern Mediterranean region.Transfus Apher Sci. 2021; 60103072
- Evidence of relative iron deficiency in platelet- and plasma-pheresis donors correlates with donation frequency.J Clin Apher. 2016; 316: 551-558
Zbigniew Szczepiorkowski, Thomas Hopkins．Bulletin #17–02: Updated Strategies to Limit or Prevent Iron Deficiency in Blood Donors. (2017–03-16) [2022–01-17]. https://www.aabb.org/docs/default-source/default-document-library/resources/association-bulletins/ab17–02.pdf?sfvrsn=55d7caaf_4.