Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Barriers and enablers to source plasma donation by gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men under revised eligibility criteria: protocol for a multiple stakeholder feasibility study.Health Res Policy Syst. 2020; 18: 131
- Blood donor deferral policies across Europe and characteristics of men who have sex with men screened for human immunodeficiency virus in blood establishments: data from the European Men-who-have-sex-with-men Internet Survey (EMIS).Blood Transfus. 2018; 16: 7-16
- Donor deferral policies for men who have sex with men: past, present and future.Vox Sang. 2018; 113: 95-103
- Blood donation deferral policies among men who have sex with men in Brazil.Hematol Transfus Cell Ther. 2019; 41: 164-168
- A doação de sangue por pessoas homoafetivas: uma análise da ADI 5.543.Rev do Inst Bras De Direitos Hum. 2020; 20: 37-48
- A scientific and cultural analysis of the FDA’s ban on blood donations from men who have sex with men.Columb Med Rev. 2015; 1: 2-9
- Rethinking the ban - the U.S. Blood Supply and men who have sex with men.N Engl J Med. 2017; 376: 174-177
- Brazilian Constitutional Court interconnections points: anti-discrimination, gender and sexuality.Rev Direito Práx. 2020; 11: 1332-1357
- Ban on blood donation from homoaffective people: a bioethical study.Rev Bioét. 2020; 28: 89-97
- Reconsideration of the lifetime ban on blood donation by men who have sex with men.JAMA. 2014; 312: 337-338
- Blood donor deferral for men who have sex with men: still room to move.Transfusion. 2018; 58: 816-822
- Is having sex with other men a risk factor for transfusion-transmissible infections in male blood donors in Western countries? A systematic review.PLoS One. 2015; 10e0122523
- The outbreak of COVID-19: an overview.J Chin Med Assoc. 2020; 83: 217-220
- COVID-19 in Brazil: advantages of a socialized unified health system and preparation to contain cases.Rev Soc Bras Med Trop. 2020; 53e20200167
Brazil. Law 13.979/2020. Brasília. 2020.
- Blood supply strategies facing a reference blood centre in Brazil during the COVID‐19 pandemic.ISBT Sci Ser. 2020; 15: 374-377
- Impact of COVID-19 in the attendance of blood donors and production on a Brazilian Blood Centres.Transfus Med. 2021; 31: 206-212
Brazilian National Health Surveillance Agency. Ninth Bulletin of Hemotherapy Production in Brazil. 2022. Brasília: Ministry of Health, 2022.
- Blood donation and COVID-19: reconsidering the 3-month deferral policy for gay, bisexual, transgender, and other men who have sex with men.Am J Public Health. 2021; 111: 247-252
- Improving the quality of Web surveys: the checklist for reporting results of internet e-surveys (CHERRIES).J Med Internet Res. 2004; 6e34
Brazilian National Institute of Geography and Statistics. Brazilian National Health Survey. 2022. Available at: https://www.ibge.gov.br/estatisticas/sociais/saude/9160-pesquisa-nacional-de-saude.html.
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap) - a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inf. 2009; 42: 377-381
- An application of the Theory of Planned Behaviour to blood donation: the importance of self-efficacy.Health Educ Res. 2004; 19: 380-391
- NHLBI Recipient Epidemiology and Donor Evaluation Study-III (REDS-III). Blood donor deferral for men who have sex with men: the Blood Donation Rules Opinion Study (Blood DROPS).Transfusion. 2015; 55 (2826-34)
- The Analysis of Contingency Tables. 2nd edition. Chapman and Hall, 1992
- A simplified Monte Carlo significance test procedure.J R Stat Soc Ser B. 1968; 30: 582-598
Brazil. National Research Ethics Committee. Circular Letter 1/2021: Guidelines for procedures in research with any stage in a virtual environment. Brasília: Ministry of Health, 2021.
- Universal declaration on bioethics and human rights and CNS Resolution 466/12: a comparative analysis.Rev Bioét. 2016; 24: 603-612
- Gay and bisexual men's views on reforming blood donation policy in Canada: a qualitative study.BMC Public Health. 2019; 19: 772
- Blood donation history and eligibility assessment in a community-based sample of men who have sex with men.Transfusion. 2018; 58: 969-973
- Analysis on voluntary blood donation and associated factors in men who have sex with men in 3 cities in China.Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2018; 39: 1443-1448
- The beliefs and willingness of men who have sex with men to comply with a one-year blood donation deferral policy: a cross-sectional study.Transfusion. 2017; 57: 2234-2239
- Human immunodeficiency virus test-seeking motivation in blood donors, São Paulo, Brazil.Vox Sang. 2006; 90: 170-176
- UK Blood Donor Survey Steering Group. Blood donation by men who have sex with men: using evidence to change policy.Vox Sang. 2021; 116: 260-272
- Donor screening question alternatives to men who have sex with men time deferral: Potential impact on donor deferral and discomfort.Transfusion. 2021; 61: 94-101
- Criminalization of LGBTphobia in Brazil: a comparison of homosexual men's and heterosexual men's conceptions.J Homosex. 2022; : 1-18