Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The role of physicians in hospital transfusion services.Transfusion. 2006; 46 ()): 862-867https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1537-2995.2006.00808.x
- Clinical practice guidelines from the AABB: red blood cell transfusion thresholds and storage.JAMA. 2016; 316: 2025-2035https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2016.9185
- Platelet transfusion: a clinical practice guideline from the AABB.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 162: 205-213
- Evidence-based practice guidelines for plasma transfusion.Transfusion. 2010; 50: 1227-1239
- Platelet Transfusion for patients with cancer: American Society of Clinical Oncology Clinical Practice Guideline update.J Clin Oncol. 2018; 36: 283-299
- Internal medicine resident knowledge of transfusion medicine: results from the BEST-TEST international education needs assessment.Transfusion. 2015; 55: 1355-1361
- Transfusion medicine in American undergraduate medical education.Transfusion. 2011; 51: 2470-2479
- Teaching transfusion in UK medical schools: a survey by the National Blood Transfusion Committee.Med Educ. 2008; 42 (439–439)
Proceedings from the National Summit on Overuse. 2012.
- The role of physicians in hospital transfusion services.Transfusion. 2006; 46: 862-867https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1537-2995.2006.00808.x
- Management of blood supply and blood demand to ensure international health security.In: Contemporary developments and perspectives in international health security - volume 2. IntechOpen, 2021
Blackstone Group. 12. Blood donation among African Americans and Hispanics: multicultural donor recruitment and marketing plan— Phase 1.1. Secondary research report. New York; 2006.
- Has the trend of declining blood transfusions in the United States ended? Findings of the 2019 National Blood Collection and Utilization Survey.Transfusion. 2021; 61
- Blood inventory management in hospitals: Considering supply and demand uncertainty and blood transshipment possibility.Oper Res Health Care. 2017; 15: 43-56
Murphy M., BenAvram D. Recommendations on the use of Group O red blood cells. AABB Association Bulletin #19-02. Bethesda, MD; 2019.
Kolbert E. Why facts don’t change our minds. The New Yorker; 2017;
Patient recall suffers as patients remember half of health info. Patient engagement HIT; 2018.
- The reality of informed consent: empirical studies on patient comprehension—systematic review.Trials. 2021; 22: 57
- The limits of informed consent for an overwhelmed patient: clinicians’ role in protecting patients and preventing overwhelm.AMA J Ethics. 2016; 18: 869-886
- Approaches to blood utilization auditing.in: Claudia C.S. Delaney M. Johnson S.T. Katz L.M. Technical manual. AABB Press, Bethesda2020: 613-626
- The AABB recommendations for the Choosing Wisely campaign of the American Board of Internal Medicine.Transfusion. 2014; 54: 2344-2352
ABIM Foundation. AABB-five things physicians and patients should question;2022. Available from: 〈https://www.choosingwisely.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/AABB-5things-List_2022.pdf〉. [Accessed 27 July 2022].
- Special report from the society for the advancement of blood management.Anesth Analg. 2019; 129: 1381-1386
ABIM Foundation. SABM - five things physicians and patients should question [Internet]; 2021. Available from: 〈https://www.choosingwisely.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/SABM-Choosing-Wisely-List.pdf〉. [Accessed 27 July 2022].
- Implementing a Health System–wide Patient Blood Management Program with a Clinical Community approach.Anesthesiology. 2017; 127: 754-764