Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Transfusion and Apheresis Science
- Supplemental findings of the 2019 National Blood Collection and Utilization Survey.Transfusion. 2021; 61: S11-S35
- Consensus recommendations for RBC transfusion practice in critically ill children from the pediatric critical care transfusion and anemia expertise initiative.Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2018; 19: 884-898
- Platelet transfusion: a clinical practice guideline from the AABB.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 162: 205-213
- Prepare to adapt: blood supply and transfusion support during the first 2 weeks of the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic affecting Washington State.Transfusion. 2020; 60: 908-911
- The effect of COVID-19 on blood donation habits.Transfusion. 2021; 61: 1134-1140
- Has the trend of declining blood transfusions in the United States ended? Findings of the 2019 National Blood Collection and Utilization Survey.Transfusion. 2021; 61: S1-S10
- Assessment of the inclusion of racial/ethnic minority, female, and older individuals in vaccine clinical trials.JAMA Netw Open. 2021; 4e2037640
- Analysis of age, race, ethnicity, and sex of participants in clinical trials focused on eating disorders.JAMA Netw Open. 2022; 5e220051
- An analysis of the inclusion of women, older individuals, and racial/ethnic minorities in rehabilitation clinical trials.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2021; 100: 546-554
- Analysis of AGe, race, ethnicity, and sex of participants in clinical trials focused on disorders of gut-brain interaction.Gastroenterology. 2022; 163: 757-760
- Disparities persist in inclusion of female, pregnant, lactating, and older individuals in inflammatory bowel disease clinical trials.Gastroenterology. 2022; 163: 8-13
- The healthy donor effect and survey participation, becoming a donor and donor career.Transfusion. 2023; 63: 143-155
- Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services. 32nd edn. Bethesda, MD2020
- Odds of transfusion for older adults compared to younger adults undergoing surgery.Anesth Analg. 2014; 118: 1168-1178
- Age and blood transfusion: relationship and prognostic implications in cardiac surgery.J Thorac Dis. 2017; 9: 3719-3727
- Quality of life of latino and non-latino youth with sickle cell disease as reported by parents and youth.Hisp Health Care Int. 2020; 18: 224-231
- Geographic proximity and racial disparities in cancer clinical trial participation.J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2010; 8: 1343-1351
- Geographic accessibility to clinical trials for advanced cancer in the United States.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 293-295
- Inequities in the geographic accessibility of COVID-19 biomedical therapeutic trials in the United States.J Gen Intern Med. 2021; 36: 3650-3653
- Women's involvement in clinical trials: historical perspective and future implications.Pharm Pract (Granada). 2016; 14: 708
- Sex representation in clinical trials associated with FDA cancer drug approvals differs between solid and hematologic malignancies.Oncologist. 2021; 26: 107-114
- Under-representation of women in high-impact published clinical cancer research.Cancer. 2009; 115: 3293-3301
- Participation in cancer clinical trials: race-, sex-, and age-based disparities.JAMA. 2004; 291: 2720-2726
- Impact of gender on the decision to participate in a clinical trial: a cross-sectional study.BMC Public Health. 2014; 14: 1156
- Sexual and gender minority health: what we know and what needs to be done.Am J Public Health. 2008; 98: 989-995
- Planning and implementing sexual orientation and gender identity data collection in electronic health records.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2019; 26: 66-70
- Affirm, and Empower: A Paradigm Shift in Cancer Clinical Trials for Sexual and Gender Diverse Populations.Annals of LGBTQ Public and Population Health. 2021; 3: 18-40
- Representation of minorities and women in oncology clinical trials: review of the Past 14 Years.J Oncol Pract. 2018; 14: e1-e10
- Participation in surgical oncology clinical trials: gender-, race/ethnicity-, and age-based disparities.Ann Surg Oncol. 2007; 14: 3328-3334
- The imperative for diversity and inclusion in clinical trials and health research participation.JAMA. 2022;
- Racial and ethnic diversity in SARS-CoV-2 vaccine clinical trials conducted in the United States.Vaccines. 2022; 10
- Racial disproportionality in covid clinical trials.N Engl J Med. 2020; 383: 2486-2487
- Abnormal platelet count is an independent predictor of mortality in the elderly and is influenced by ethnicity.Haematologica. 2014; 99: 930-936
- Risk factors associated with early mortality in patients with multiple myeloma who were treated upfront with a novel agents containing regimen.BMC Cancer. 2016; 16: 613
- Development of thrombocytopenia during first-line treatment and survival outcomes in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma.Leuk Lymphoma. 2019; 60: 2960-2967
- Dissecting racial disparities in multiple myeloma.Blood Cancer J. 2020; 10: 19
- Parents' perceived obstacles to pediatric clinical trial participation: findings from the clinical trials transformation initiative.Contemp Clin Trials Commun. 2018; 9: 33-39
- Older adult participation in cancer clinical trials: A systematic review of barriers and interventions.CA Cancer J Clin. 2021; 71: 78-92
- Clinical trial participation assessed by age, sex, race, ethnicity, and socioeconomic status.Contemp Clin Trials. 2021; 103106315
- Factors associated with age disparities among cancer clinical trial participants.JAMA Oncol. 2019; 5: 1769-1773
- Efficacy of high-dose versus standard-dose influenza vaccine in older adults.N Engl J Med. 2014; 371: 635-645
- Age is just a number: considerations for older adults in cancer clinical trials.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2021; 113: 1460-1464
- Evaluating eligibility criteria of oncology trials using real-world data and AI.Nature. 2021; 592: 629-633
- Age-based exclusions in clinical trials: a review and new perspectives.Contemp Clin Trials. 2022; 114106683
- Barriers to clinical trial enrollment in racial and ethnic minority patients with cancer.Cancer Control. 2016; 23: 327-337
- Participation of Black Americans in cancer clinical trials: current challenges and proposed solutions.JCO Oncol Pract. 2021; 17: 265-721
- Trends in age and red blood cell donation habits among several racial/ethnic minority groups in the United States.Transfusion. 2017; 57: 1644-1655
- Blood donation among individuals of African origin in the Netherlands: how are barriers and motivators associated with intention?.Blood Transfus. 2021; 19: 24-33
- Exploring the engagement of racial and ethnic minorities in HIV treatment and vaccine clinical trials: a scoping review of literature and implications for future research.AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2020; 34: 399-416
- Overcoming barriers: evidence-based strategies to increase enrollment of underrepresented populations in cancer therapeutic clinical trials-a narrative review.J Cancer Educ. 2020; 35: 841-849
- US cancer centers of excellence strategies for increased inclusion of racial and ethnic minorities in clinical trials.J Oncol Pract. 2019; 15: e289-e299
- Increasing Black, Indigenous and People of Color participation in clinical trials through community engagement and recruitment goal establishment.PLoS One. 2021; 16e0258858
- A pilot study of a culturally-appropriate, educational intervention to increase participation in cancer clinical trials among African Americans and Latinos.Cancer Causes Control. 2021; 32: 953-963
- Improving diversity in clinical trial volunteer participation by addressing racial and ethnic representation among the clinical research workforce.Applied Clinical Trials. 2022; (. June 13, 2022. [Accessed on 5 September 2022])〈https://www.appliedclinicaltrialsonline.com/view/improving-diversity-in-clinical-trial-volunteer-participation-by-addressing-racial-and-ethnic-representation-among-the-clinical-research-workforce〉
Public Law 110–85-SEPT. 27, 2007. Title VIII- Clinical Trial Databases. 〈https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/PLAW-110publ85/pdf/PLAW-110publ85.pdf#page=82〉 [Accessed 19 May 2022].
National Institutes of Health; U.S. Office of Budget and Management. Revisions to the standards for the classification of federal data on race and ethnicity. Published 2020. 〈https://orwh.od.nih.gov/toolkit/other-relevant-federal-policies/OMB-standards〉 [Accessed on 8 September 2020].
ACS and Demographic Housing Estimates. U.S. Census Bureau, Archive Files for 2000–2004 Multiyear Profile. 〈https://www2.Census.gov/acs/downloads/Core_Tables/2003/〉 [Accessed on 14 March 2022].
ACS and Demographic Housing Estimates. U.S. Census Bureau, 2015–2019 American Community Survey 5-year Estimates. 〈https://data.Census.gov/cedsci/table?q=DP05&tid=ACSDP5Y2019.DP05〉 [Accessed on 14 March 2022].
Collection of Race and Ethnicity Data in Clinical Trials. Guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff. October 2016. 〈https://www.fda.gov/regulatory-information/search-fda-guidance-documents/collection-race-and-ethnicity-data-clinical-trials〉 [Accessed on 13 September 2022].
U.S. Blood Donation Statistics and Blood Messaging Guide. May 2022. Version 1.0. 〈https://americasblood.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Whitepaper-National-Stats_5.22.pdf〉 [Accessed on 2nd February 2023].
FDAAA 801 and the Final Rule. 〈https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/manage-recs/fdaaa〉 [Accessed 19 May 2022].
National Center for Health Statistics. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. 〈https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes/〉 [Accessed 16 May 2022].
AABB News: Diverse Donor Pool Saves Lives. 〈https://www.aabb.org/news-resources/news/article/2022/03/14/diverse-donor-pool-saves-lives〉 [Accessed on 5th September 2022].