Pexivas is a Randomized Control Trial launched in June 2010 – recruitment stopped in September 2016, where 704 patients with ANCA Associated Vasculitis (AAV) presenting with eGFR lower than 50 ml/min were randomized to additional PLEX (PLEX) and two steroid protocols and followed on average 2.9 years. The results were published in 2020 [
- Walsh M.
- Merkel P.A.
- Peh C.A.
- Szpirt W.M.
- et al.
Plasma exchange and glucocorticoids in Severe ANCA Associated Vasculitis.
N Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 622-631
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Transfusion and Apheresis Science
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Plasma exchange and glucocorticoids in Severe ANCA Associated Vasculitis.N Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 622-631
- The effects of plasma exchange in patients with ANCA-associated vasculitis: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ. 2022; : 376https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj-2021-064604
- Should we still use therapeutic PLEX for rapidly progressive glomerulonephritis in ANCA Associated Vasculitis?.Kidney Dial. 2022; 2 (40): 399-406
Fussner L..Proceedings of 2022 International Vasculitis and ANCA Workshop, 3–6 April 2022.
- Combination treatment with rituximab, low-dose cyclophosphamide and plasma exchange for severe antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis.Kidney Int. 2021; 100: 1316-1324
- Interventions for renal vasculitis in adults.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2020; 1CD003232https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD003232.pub4
- Efficacy of plasma exchange for antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated systemic vasculitis: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Arthritis Res Ther. 2021; 23: 28https://doi.org/10.1186/s13075-021-02415-z
Bellos I., Boletis I., Lionaki S., A Meta-Analysis of the Safety and Efficacy of Maintenance Therapies for Antineutrophil Cytoplasmic Antibody Small-Vessel Vasculitis.Clin Rheumatol. 2021;40:1447–56.
- Update to the ASFA guidelines on the use of therapeutic apheresis in ANCA-associated vasculitis.J Clin Apher. 2020; 35 (10.1002/jca.21820. Epub 2020 Aug 7): 493-499
- Practice patterns of induction therapy in severe anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic Autoantibody-Associated Vasculitis.Kidney Int Rep. 2022; 7: 2704-2708https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ekir.2022.08.029
Published online: February 24, 2023
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
© 2023 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.